-   -   How to set the value of a cell using its row and column numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342931-how-set-value-cell-using-its-row-column-numbers.html)

Marc

How to set the value of a cell using its row and column numbers?

If I have the row and column number s of a cell (calculated in one part of
the worksheet) how can I set the value of this cell to the value I want.
This is usally done in Access by setvalue for a control. so you send data to
the place you want. Is this feasible in Excel and how?

Chip Pearson

How to set the value of a cell using its row and column numbers?

Marc,

If you have a row number and column number, you can use something
like

Cells(row_num,col_num).Value = 123

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Marc" wrote in message
If I have the row and column number s of a cell (calculated in
one part of
the worksheet) how can I set the value of this cell to the
value I want.
This is usally done in Access by setvalue for a control. so you
send data to
the place you want. Is this feasible in Excel and how?

Marc

How to set the value of a cell using its row and column number

Thanks Chip,

this is exactly what I wanted. Would like just to confirm that no Excel
Function could do this action.

Regards,
Marc