-   -   Interfacing EXCEL wir an RS232 serial device (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342862-interfacing-excel-wir-rs232-serial-device.html)

Luciano

Interfacing EXCEL wir an RS232 serial device

I have a need to connect a serial device to EXCEL to capture some ascii
string sent by this device on the speadsheet, I want to build a small VBA
program but I have no information in how to logically connect excel to the
com port.
If anybody has a sample program with comments this will help me a lot.
Thank you and regards

Tom Ogilvy

Interfacing EXCEL wir an RS232 serial device

Perhaps these will be useful:

"Poor Man's Serial Instant Messenger"
http://www.htservices.com/Tools/Visu...unications.htm
Visual Basic Serial Communications Example Tutorials Source Code Programs

http://www.cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/t...s/SerialIO.htm
Serial I/O (RS232)

http://www.yes-tele.com/mscomm.html - MSComm

Tom Ogilvy