-   -   Selecting part text in a textbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342804-selecting-part-text-textbox.html)

vqthomf

Selecting part text in a textbox

Hi I have been trying to select a part of a text entry into a textbox, I
tried to use selstart etc I can remove the text but not hightlight it can
someone show me how this can be done.
TIA
Charles

Harald Staff

Selecting part text in a textbox

Hi Charles

With TextBox1
.Text = "Harald says cool, man"
.SelStart = 12
.SelLength = 4
End With

HTH. best wishes Harald

"vqthomf" skrev i melding
Hi I have been trying to select a part of a text entry into a textbox, I
tried to use selstart etc I can remove the text but not hightlight it can
someone show me how this can be done.
TIA
Charles

vqthomf

Selecting part text in a textbox

I tried to doing it like this but I still can get it to select the text, if
the user enters let say more than 5 digits I want to highlight the extra
digits to give the user a chance to view or delete it.
Regards
Charles

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi Charles

With TextBox1
.Text = "Harald says cool, man"
.SelStart = 12
.SelLength = 4
End With

HTH. best wishes Harald

"vqthomf" skrev i melding
Hi I have been trying to select a part of a text entry into a textbox, I
tried to use selstart etc I can remove the text but not hightlight it can
someone show me how this can be done.
TIA
Charles

Harald Staff

Selecting part text in a textbox

Did my code not work ?
Exactly when and how do you want this to happen, are you calling the code
from an event ? Which event ?
Do you have some annoying messagebox prior to this action ? Don't.
Seeing your code would help me help you.

Best wishes Harald

"vqthomf" skrev i melding
I tried to doing it like this but I still can get it to select the text, if
the user enters let say more than 5 digits I want to highlight the extra
digits to give the user a chance to view or delete it.
Regards

vqthomf

Selecting part text in a textbox

Harald I do have a message explaining that the user has entered more or less
than 5 digits but I also wanted to highlight the part that is extra.
Charles

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Did my code not work ?
Exactly when and how do you want this to happen, are you calling the code
from an event ? Which event ?
Do you have some annoying messagebox prior to this action ? Don't.
Seeing your code would help me help you.

Best wishes Harald

"vqthomf" skrev i melding
I tried to doing it like this but I still can get it to select the text, if
the user enters let say more than 5 digits I want to highlight the extra
digits to give the user a chance to view or delete it.
Regards

Harald Staff

Selecting part text in a textbox

Sure, go a head, highlight the extra parts. My code sample showed you how to
do it.

Best wishes Harald