-   -   How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342704-how-see-columns-values-were-not-returned-hlookup-functions.html)

Dmitry Kopnichev

How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions?

Hello
How to see columns from which values were not returned (or were returned) by
HLOOKUP functions on a worksheet? All formulas contain only HLOOKUP
functions. The table_array s include all columns on the worksheet.

ScottO

How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions?

If I'm interpreting your question correctly, one solution would be to
run a Histogram of the formula results. That would show how many
occurrences of each result were obtained.
If you're unfamiliar with the Histogram function, you need to have
installed the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (go to Tools/Add-ins and click
on Analysis Toolpak), then go to Tools/Data Analysis and select
Histogram from the menu of options.
The in-built Help files explain further.
hth
ScottO