Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default One macro to rule them all

New here, I've searched and researched, but have been unable to find th
answer to my question...so here goes: (I hope this isn't such a dum
question that no one wants to bother with it!)

I have a series of macros I've recorded in a workbook, and now I wan
to create a macro to run them all in sequence, and then create
template that I can use anytime I get new data. I want to just impor
the new data into my newly created document, and run the One Macro tha
Rules them All, instead of having to run all 8 of them individually.
am totally new to recording macros and I just was unable to d
everything in one great big macro.

I have tried to record the macro, and it works fine in the workbook
but when I create a template from it and then create a new document of
the template, I get the error message: runtime error 1004 - it seems t
be looking for my macro in the template- which of course isn't opened
The macro DOES work in the newly created document if I open th
template too, but I would like to be able to avoid that if possible.
I've tried putting the macro in a Personal Macro Workbook but tha
didn't work either.

One more thing, is there a way to have the macro run but not be able t
see everything that it's doing? Makes me dizzy! :)

Thanks for you help

--
gerbilsp
gerbilspy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2804