-   -   how to write a macro for solver function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342516-how-write-macro-solver-function.html)

ernestgoh[_2_]

how to write a macro for solver function

hi, i need to write a macro that calls the solver function.

the solver is used to find the price that gives me a target profi
margin of 15% for a range of ages 1 to 10.

appreciate if anyone can help or share. thanks alot

--
ernestgo
ernestgoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2487

davidm

how to write a macro for solver function

Earnest,

Provide more details of your layout. What are your Target cell,
Changing Cell?Make sure the target cell contains a formula!

David

--
davidm
davidm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20645

Patrick Molloy[_2_]

how to write a macro for solver function

turn on the macro recorder, run solver, turn off the recrder and examoine th
ecode that was generated. It will give you pretty much all you need.

"ernestgoh" wrote:

hi, i need to write a macro that calls the solver function.

the solver is used to find the price that gives me a target profit
margin of 15% for a range of ages 1 to 10.

appreciate if anyone can help or share. thanks alot.

--
ernestgoh
ernestgoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24870
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475272

ernestgoh[_3_]

how to write a macro for solver function

i have using the marco recorder. it still doesnt solve the problem. i
have to manually hit enter on a pop up base after the solver finds a
solution.

"ernestgoh" wrote:

hi, i need to write a macro that calls the solver function.

the solver is used to find the price that gives me a target profit
margin of 15% for a range of ages 1 to 10.

appreciate if anyone can help or share. thanks alot.

--
ernestgoh

ernestgoh's Profile:

View this thread: