-   -   Disabling Menus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342390-disabling-menus.html)

ExcelMonkey

Disabling Menus

I have some menus that I want to temporarily disable via VBA. That is, I
want the user to still be able to see all the menu sub-items, but I would
like them to be greyed out and inactive. No I no I can comment our the code
that is triggered by the menue items, but I also want to grey out the items
too. How do I do this?

Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

Disabling Menus

I would suspect you would have to loop through the lowest level controls and
set the enable property to false.

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
I have some menus that I want to temporarily disable via VBA. That is, I
want the user to still be able to see all the menu sub-items, but I would
like them to be greyed out and inactive. No I no I can comment our the

code
that is triggered by the menue items, but I also want to grey out the

items
too. How do I do this?

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Disabling Menus

See
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message ...
I have some menus that I want to temporarily disable via VBA. That is, I
want the user to still be able to see all the menu sub-items, but I would
like them to be greyed out and inactive. No I no I can comment our the code
that is triggered by the menue items, but I also want to grey out the items
too. How do I do this?

Thanks

Jim Rech

Disabling Menus

Set the control's Enabled property to False.

--
Jim