-   -   Copying individual files (workbooks) into worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342296-copying-individual-files-workbooks-into-worksheets.html)

Jay

Copying individual files (workbooks) into worksheets

I have 100+ files in the name of DEPTxxx.xls - where xxx is the number. Can
I open all of them or at least get the contents copied to a worksheet in my
active document rather than one at a time? Each of the files or individual
workbook contains two worksheets - the values from the individual workbooks
will be copied to another worksheet that represent a summary. Any idea's?

Ron de Bruin

Copying individual files (workbooks) into worksheets

Hi Jay

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jay" wrote in message ...
I have 100+ files in the name of DEPTxxx.xls - where xxx is the number. Can
I open all of them or at least get the contents copied to a worksheet in my
active document rather than one at a time? Each of the files or individual
workbook contains two worksheets - the values from the individual workbooks
will be copied to another worksheet that represent a summary. Any idea's?

Ron de Bruin

Copying individual files (workbooks) into worksheets

Hi Jay

If you mean worksheetfunctions in VBA you can enter this in a macro :
Application.WorksheetFunction (when you enter a dot after the n it will show you a list)

Search also for this in the VBA help
<List of Worksheet Functions Available to Visual Basic

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jay" wrote in message ...
Ron,
Your a hero - smile. A big help. I believe I will be able to modify this
to meet my needs, thank you for including the comments and such as the part
of placing the values is very helpful.

Where can I get a list of all the "functions" for use in the VBA or macro
area's of Excel? I also am trying to change and record a password for all
the fils so I will use part of your code.

Thank YOU!!!