-   -   Userform.Lable Variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342226-userform-lable-variables.html)

Roger

Userform.Lable Variables

I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending on ...
a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes a
load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou in
anticipation
--
Roger

Tom Ogilvy

Userform.Lable Variables

mvar = Userform1.Label1.Caption
msgbox mvar

Tom Ogilvy

"Roger" wrote in message
I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending on

a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes a
load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a

variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not

found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou

in
anticipation
--
Roger

Roger

Userform.Lable Variables

Tom - thanks but its not the caption text I want to store in a variable ...
its the actual Lable name IE

C1 is the name of a lable in a userform called UF1

if I write

UF1.C1.Enabled = True

all OK

if I write

A = "C1"
UF1.A.Enabled = True

I get the error message "member not found"

please tell me how to write this properly
--
Roger

"Roger" wrote:

I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending on ...
a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes a
load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou in
anticipation
--
Roger

Access101

Userform.Lable Variables

Does this work:

Dim lbl As Control
Set lbl = Me.Label1
lbl.Enabled = False

"Roger" wrote:

I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending on ...
a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes a
load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou in
anticipation
--
Roger

Tom Ogilvy

Userform.Lable Variables

UF1.Controls(C1).Enabled = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Roger" wrote:

I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending

on ...
a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes

load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a

variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not

found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou

in
anticipation
--
Roger

Dave Peterson

Userform.Lable Variables

I think you may have meant:

UF1.Controls(A).Enabled = True
or

"Roger" wrote:

I have a Userform with numerous Lables whose captions change depending

on ...
a coresponding textbox is then enabled true or enabled false - it takes

load of code to do this - I have tried to store the lable names in a

variable
which will reduce code ... but always get the error message "member not

found"

question - how do I store a userform lable name in a variable - thankyou

in
anticipation
--
Roger

--

Dave Peterson

Tom Ogilvy

Userform.Lable Variables

Yeh, I got my A's and C1's confused I guess.
Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you may have meant: