-   -   Enter data in next empty row after cell name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/341835-enter-data-next-empty-row-after-cell-name.html)

Mark Cover

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet activaced and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past information from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Tom Ogilvy

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim LastRow As Range
Dim ws as Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
LastRow = ws.columns(1).Find("NametoSearchfor")
if not LastRow is nothing then
LastRow.offset(1,0).EntireRow.Insert
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text
End if
End Sub

change NametoSearchfor to the actual value in the cell you are looking for

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet activaced

and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past information

from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Mark Cover

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

Thanks for your reply Tom:
I was wanting to fill the "name to search for" with the value from the
ComboBox.
Thanks again for your reply
-mark

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet activaced

and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past information

from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Tom Ogilvy

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

That was your first mention of the word "Combobox". Assuming the combobox
is named combobox1, then

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim LastRow As Range
Dim ws as Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
if len(trim(Combobox1.Value)) = 0 then exit sub
LastRow = ws.columns(1).Find(Combobox1.Value)
if not LastRow is nothing then
LastRow.offset(1,0).EntireRow.Insert
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text
End if
End Sub

Change to suit your situation.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet

activaced
and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past

information
from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Mark Cover

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

Tom Thanks so much for your help, I am new at this and you don't know how
long i have been working on it. The only thing is i had to add the Set to
the LastRow..
I have been reading this discussion group and have leared a lot from
everyones wisdom. Final Code:

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim LastRow As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
If Len(Trim(cboSwitch.Value)) = 0 Then Exit Sub
Set LastRow = ws.Columns(1).Find(cboSwitch.Value)

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet

activaced
and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past

information
from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Tom Ogilvy

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

Yes, it should have been set. Guess I overlooked it. My apologies.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet

activaced
and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past

information
from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Mark Cover

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

Tom if you are still watching this post i have another question.
I want to be able to add a blank row if there is data in the next row.
Thanks -mark

"Mark Cover" wrote in message
I need some help entering data from a form. I have the sheet
activaced
and
want to select the next row after a paticular name and past
information
from
that cell.
I hope this is clear: Here is what i have.

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim iRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Object
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet()
Set LastRow = ws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp)
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtCust.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtService.Text
LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtCircuit.Text

Thanks -mark

Tom Ogilvy

Enter data in next empty row after cell name

this command should already do that:
LastRow.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert

do you mean you don't want to insert a blank row if the next row is empty

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Dim LastRow As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
If Len(Trim(cboSwitch.Value)) = 0 Then Exit Sub
Set LastRow = ws.Columns(1).Find(cboSwitch.Value)
If Not LastRow Is Nothing Then
if lastrow.Offset(1,0).Value < "" then _

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

yes if the row is already empty i don't want to insert another one,
Thanks

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

[...]

Tom all is working well. You are the Man! Thanks for all your help