-   -   VBA - Passing Cell Location To Variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/341795-vba-passing-cell-location-variable.html)

ajocius[_35_]

VBA - Passing Cell Location To Variable

Group,
Lets assume I'm working in a spreadsheet that changes weekly.
There are numerous calculations, and a cell is selected. How do I
pass the cells location, for example B7 into a variable? This week the
location can be B7, but next week it could be B9. I don't know the
location after I run the macro presently. That is why I want to pass
it to a variable for later use. Its probably very simple, but for a
novice its pretty tough. TIA.

Tony

--
ajocius
ajocius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17695

Gary Keramidas[_4_]

VBA - Passing Cell Location To Variable

see if maybe creating a dynamic range will help you

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

--

Gary

"ajocius" wrote in
message ...

Group,
Lets assume I'm working in a spreadsheet that changes weekly.
There are numerous calculations, and a cell is selected. How do I
pass the cells location, for example B7 into a variable? This week the
location can be B7, but next week it could be B9. I don't know the
location after I run the macro presently. That is why I want to pass
it to a variable for later use. Its probably very simple, but for a
novice its pretty tough. TIA.

Tony

--
ajocius
ajocius's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472859

ajocius[_36_]

VBA - Passing Cell Location To Variable

Not what I'm looking for. Assume my active cell is someplace(location
unknown). But at some point in my macro I need to put its location
into a variable for use later in the macro. How do I pass that
location to the variable?

Tony