-   -   Help on Workbook close and workbook save events (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/341453-help-workbook-close-workbook-save-events.html)

Adam Harding

Help on Workbook close and workbook save events

Have written the following code for before close and before save

Range("A13:G512").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A13"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortTextAsNumbers
Range("A13").Select

Range("A13:G512").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A13"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortTextAsNumbers
Range("A13").Select
End Sub

However I am getting a a 1004 error can you help. I feel i am so close but
am having no joy.

thanks in advance

JNW

Help on Workbook close and workbook save events

Is the file read only?

Found this:

[Method name] method of [object] class failed (Error 1004)
An external error occurred, such as a failure to read or write from a file.
The method cannot be used on the object. Possible reasons include the
following:

€¢ An argument contains a value that isn't valid. A common cause of this
problem is an attempt to access an object that doesn't exist [for example,
you tried to use Workbooks(5) when there were only three workbooks open].
€¢ The method cannot be used in the applied context. For example, some Range
object methods require that the range contain data; if the range doesn't
contain data, the method fails.
€¢ An external error occurred, such as a failure to read or write from a
file.
For more information about the method, search Help for the method name.