Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run Time Error 5 - Invalid Procedure Call or Argument Q

I have a run time error 5 - Invalid Procedure Call or Argument that is
stopping the falling code running (kindly supplied by Andrew in this Group.
I'm running Excel 97. It works fine on Excel XP.

I have looked up this error on Microsoft's site and there is a bewildering
return on this error. I've tried a couple of their suggestions, but I'm
kinda going around blind. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Access Log").Visible = True
Sheets("Access Log").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1234"
x = Sheets("Access Log").Cells(1, 2) ' cell B1 holds log count
Sheets("Access Log").Cells(x + 2, 1) = Format(Now(), "ddd dd/mm/yy at
hh:mm:ss ampm ")
Sheets("Access Log").Cells(x + 2, 2) = Application.UserName
Sheets("Access Log").Cells(1, 2) = x + 1 ' Increment Log count
Sheets("Access Log").Visible = xlVeryHidden
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Sheets("Home").Select
Range("A1").Select
Range("K12").Activate