-   -   formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/340899-formula.html)

Anna

formula

Hi
Does anyone know a formula that can find "doubles" in the list?
For example a list of thousands surnames. I want to check if theya re not
repeated..

Thank you in advance!

Gary''s Student

formula

For example if the names are in column A then use conditional formatting, for
A1 use:

=COUNTIF($A:$A,A1)1

and set the format to bold.

Once entered, copy the format in A1 all the way down.
--
Gary''s Student

"Anna" wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know a formula that can find "doubles" in the list?
For example a list of thousands surnames. I want to check if theya re not
repeated..

Thank you in advance!

Anna

formula

Thank you for help, but tI get the message "erroe in the formula" when I am
in the first raw conditional formatting. What is wrong?

"Anna" wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know a formula that can find "doubles" in the list?
For example a list of thousands surnames. I want to check if theya re not
repeated..

Thank you in advance!

Anna

formula

Thank you but I get the message "error in the formula" as I am in the first
raw conditional formatting.. Whoat is wrong?