-   -   Cumulative Time Problem calculating more than 24 hours. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/340582-cumulative-time-problem-calculating-more-than-24-hours.html)

Cumulative Time Problem calculating more than 24 hours.

Hi,

I need to create a spreadsheet that can convert time into hours, the inbuilt
functions only return times within a 24hour period which is completely
useless to me. I need to give a start date & time, i.e

24 August 2004 09:15

and an end date/time

24 August 2005 11:23

and have it return the total running time in a variety of formats, including
plain simple total hours (i.e. one years worth plus a couple).

Any ideas how to do this. I want to be able to keep a running total, as well
but I can probably figure it out once I can get the calculation for the
total (greater than 24 hours) hours working.

Regards