-   -   Turning Excel Worksheet Linked to Word Document into Report Templa (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/340504-turning-excel-worksheet-linked-word-document-into-report-templa.html)

Jordan Rose

Turning Excel Worksheet Linked to Word Document into Report Templa

I have created an excel template (template.xls) that manages all data we
carry forward from year to year for our client. Each company we work with
must have their own template.xls with their data stored in it.

template.xls is then linked to a word document (template.dox) that we use as
a for building our reports.

I need to set up this link so that when I create from template.xls a file
for a specific company (renamed 'company.xls') I can create from template.doc
a new report (renamed 'company.doc') and preserve the data link between those
two files.

Is this possible ?
Just to be clear because I don't know if that makes any sense.