-   -   look up for values in the cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/340072-look-up-values-cells.html)

filo666

look up for values in the cells

Hi, I have a program and I want my user be able to look up a famyli name
instead of the whole name, I mean:
A B
Vazques Mota Frnacisco 1
Barrios Medina Alejandro 2
Concepción Báustegui Antonio 3
Andres Gustamante Berenice 4
Medina Arroyos Fernando 5
................ ...
1. I want that the user put Vazques and returns the number 1 value
2. I think this question is a difficult one, but ¿What about if the user
made a mistake and instead of Vazques he puts Vasques, There could be somehow
the computer find the name???
TIA

JNW

look up for values in the cells

Try VLOOKUP with range_lookup set as TRUE. This will return the first
closest match.

"filo666" wrote:

Hi, I have a program and I want my user be able to look up a famyli name
instead of the whole name, I mean:
A B
Vazques Mota Frnacisco 1
Barrios Medina Alejandro 2