-   -   Range Comparison (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/339828-range-comparison.html)

[email protected]

Range Comparison

Hey,

I have 2 worksheets, 1 with a range of data and the 2nd with the data
codes and english descriptions. What i want to do is compare the range
thats in the data worksheet and compare it with column a of the codes
work sheet. If the code matches something in column a i want it to
print the description of that code, being whats beside it in column b.
please help a newb out.

Thanks
Andrew

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

Range Comparison

Take a look at the VLookup Formula in the help menu.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Hey,

I have 2 worksheets, 1 with a range of data and the 2nd with the data
codes and english descriptions. What i want to do is compare the range
thats in the data worksheet and compare it with column a of the codes
work sheet. If the code matches something in column a i want it to
print the description of that code, being whats beside it in column b.
please help a newb out.

Thanks
Andrew

[email protected]

Range Comparison

Perfect
Thanks

When you've been doing VB and Foxpro stuff all day you forget the
simple things.

:)