-   -   How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/339795-how-do-i-calculate-hours-worked-3rd-shift.html)

Steve

How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift?

How do you set up a calculation to compute hours when the shift goes from 11:
p.m. to 7: a.m. Normal calculations won't work in this case.

Gary''s Student

How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift?

Direct subtraction should work if you tell Excel that the times are for
different dates:
In A1, A2:

9/11/05 11:00 PM
9/12/05 7:00 AM

In A3 put:
=A2-A1 and format as hh:mm and you will see:

8:00
--
Gary''s Student

"Steve" wrote:

How do you set up a calculation to compute hours when the shift goes from 11:
p.m. to 7: a.m. Normal calculations won't work in this case.

Gary Keramidas[_2_]

How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift?

check contexture's or chip pearson's page

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqDat.html

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm

--

Gary

"Steve" wrote in message
How do you set up a calculation to compute hours when the shift goes from
11:
p.m. to 7: a.m. Normal calculations won't work in this case.

Gary Keramidas[_2_]

How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift?

and just in addition...

if you format a3 as a number, multiply it by 24, =(a2-a1)*24, just in case
you want to figure out an hourly wage, for example.

--

Gary

"Steve" wrote:

How do you set up a calculation to compute hours when the shift goes from
11:
p.m. to 7: a.m. Normal calculations won't work in this case.

Tom Ogilvy

How do I calculate hours worked on 3rd shift?

=MOD(E7-D7,1)
Assume Start time is in D7 and End time in E7. Format the cell as Time

Tom Ogilvy