-   -   running excel macros on remote computer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/339688-running-excel-macros-remote-computer.html)

TxRaistlin

running excel macros on remote computer

Our office has a method of connecting to workstations remotely using a
program called remote desktop connection. Through this software I am able to
access the remote computer across our company's network (or from home if
logged in through a program called CheckPoint) and utilize its faster
processors and memory, which is very useful for the type of data summary I am
running in excel. I have a complicated excel file that basically opens
several thousand sub-folders and files to import data. This file runs
perfectly when run on a local computer, or when run while I am logged
directly into that remote computer (so I know it works fine on that system).
However, if I try to run the file's macros through the remote connection, it
always crashes excel. Is anyone aware of a reason for this? Is it something
simple like trying to use activewindow, or just something screwy with the
connection software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason