-   -   Disable Tools, Protect, Protect Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/339203-disable-tools-protect-protect-workbook.html)

Paul Moles

Disable Tools, Protect, Protect Workbook

Within a macro I am using

..CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Protection").Enab led = False

However this disables the entire Tools, Protection menu item.

I only want to disable Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook,

This because the workbook is password protected by macro when it is closed
and a user, users password protecting the workbook mid session is causing
problems.

Users need access to Tools Protection Unprotect Sheet during session.

Many Thanks

Paul Moles

Ron de Bruin

Disable Tools, Protect, Protect Workbook

Try this Paul

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=894, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False

More info you can find here
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin