-   -   Visible PivotItems matching criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338807-visible-pivotitems-matching-criteria.html)

westg

Visible PivotItems matching criteria

How can I use -
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields ("Ref")
..PivotItems("QM").Visible = True

What I want to do is show anything that matches QM (i.e. "QM - 1" or "QM - 2")

Any ideas, I can't use a * or LIKE in the code can I?

MIKE215

Visible PivotItems matching criteria

Hi Westg,

Check the value of the pivotitem using the LIKE operator. The LIKE operator
is case sensitive. Something like this should work:

Sub test()
Dim pf As PivotField
Dim pi As PivotItem

Set pf = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields ("Ref")

For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
If Not (pi.Value Like "*QM*") Then
pi.Visible = False
End If
Next

Set pf = Nothing
Set pi = Nothing
End Sub

Every item with a QM in the name should be visible and everything else
should be hidden

Regards,
Mike