-   -   Hyperlink probelm (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338697-hyperlink-probelm.html)

Glenn Richardson[_2_]

Hyperlink probelm

I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the
worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other
worksheet.

e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with
the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in
worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the
cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted
the row).

I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above
is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about
30 hyperlinks!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Glenn

Mike Fogleman

Hyperlink probelm

I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other
worksheet.

That is the key to your problem. You don't want a specific cell. You want a
specific Defined Name. You are going to have to bite the bullet and spend
some time to give each cell on sheet 2 that you want to link from another
sheet, a name (Insert/Name/Define). Then edit each hyperlink on sheet 1 to
reference a Defined Name. A list of the names you created will appear in the
drop down box when you click the + beside Defined Name. Excel will keep
track of defined names no matter where they are in the workbook.

Mike F

"Glenn Richardson" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the
worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other
worksheet.

e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with
the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in
worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the
cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted
the row).

I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above
is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about
30 hyperlinks!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Glenn

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink probelm

You've got another reply at one of your other posts.

--

Dave Peterson

Glenn Richardson[_2_]

Hyperlink probelm

The Insert/Name/Define has worked a treat.

Many thanks
Glenn