-   -   On click question? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338610-click-question.html)

Jeff

On click question?

Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the whole sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy

On click question?

if Target.count 1 then exit sub
if not Intersect(target,Range("B3:G99") is nothing then
Target.Value = "x"
End if
End Sub

if you want to toggle the x

if Target.count 1 then exit sub
if not Intersect(target,Range("B3:G99") is nothing then
if isempty(Target.Value) then
Target.Value = "x"
else
Target.clearContents
End if
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the whole

sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

Jeff

On click question?

I get a syntax error on the intersect. Any idea why?

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the whole

sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy

On click question?

See fixed typo:

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range

like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the

whole
sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

Jeff

On click question?

I found it. Thank you for your help! Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the whole

sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

-JEFF-[_2_]

On click question?

Mr. Ogilvy,
A different Jeff here. I have been unable to get this to work on a cell
that has been merged. Would you please test that and see if that is the
case? If so, is there a fix? Thanks! -JEFF-

See fixed typo:

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there a way to add an x in a when you click in a cell in a range

like
B3:G99 only and not the whole sheet? Right now I can do it to the

whole
sheet
with
ActiveCell.Value = "x"
End Sub
Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy

On click question?

In general,

If Target.Count 1 And Not Target.MergeCells Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B3:G99")) Is Nothing Then
Target(1).Value = "x"

Tom Ogilvy

"-JEFF-" wrote in message
Mr. Ogilvy,
A different Jeff here. I have been unable to get this to work on a cell
that has been merged. Would you please test that and see if that is the
case? If so, is there a fix? Thanks! -JEFF-

See fixed typo: