-   -   input box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338566-input-box.html)

Matilda

input box

I want to use a date input into an input box. Every syntax combination I try
refused by compiler. Help please?

RonaldF

input box

Is this what you want?

'Put the value of A1 in TextBox1 on UserForm1
UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Range("A1")
'Open Userform1
UserForm1.Show

--
Ronald Ferdinandus
http://www.ro-pay.nl

"Matilda" wrote:

I want to use a date input into an input box. Every syntax combination I try
refused by compiler. Help please?

Matilda

input box

Hi Ronald - I'm so glad you're still up on a Sunday (as it is here) and
helping out newbies :-)

I want user to input desired date into inputBox, then I want to use that
date to access a range of associated data.

I have columns of data stored under date headings. With your lovely little
routine I can now move through the column and get out the data I want and put
it into a print area.

I hope I have explained myself better,

Ta muchly

"Matilda" wrote:

I want to use a date input into an input box. Every syntax combination I try
refused by compiler. Help please?

Tom Ogilvy

input box

Dim dt as Date, res as Variant
Dim res1 as Variant
res = InputBox("Please enter the date")
if isdate(res) then
dt = Cdate(res)
res1 = Application.Match(clng(dt),Rows(1),0)
if not iserror(res1) then
msgbox format(dt,"mmm dd, yyyy") & _
" found at column " & res1
else
msgbox format(dt,"mmm dd, yyyy") & _
" not found"
end if
Else
Msgbox res & " is not a date"
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Matilda" wrote:

I want to use a date input into an input box. Every syntax

combination I try
refused by compiler. Help please?

Matilda

input box

Tom,
Your elegant code works a dream, thankyou.

Matilda