-   -   Edit Boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338544-edit-boxes.html)

Pflugs

Edit Boxes

Hello,

Does anyone know why I cannot enter an edit box into my Excel Form? All the
other buttons work, and I could just link a cell, but how do I use edit boxes?

Thanks,

Matthew

Earl Kiosterud

Edit Boxes

Matthew,

The Edit Box (Forms Toolbar on a worksheet form) isn't available on a
worksheet. You could use a text box from the Controls Toolbox instead. It
can be linked to a cell. Use the Linked Cell property:
Turn on Design Mode (button on Controls Toolbox)
Right click your text box - Properties
Type the cell address into the Linked Cell property. Press Enter
Turn off Design Mode to use your text box.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Pflugs" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know why I cannot enter an edit box into my Excel Form? All
the
other buttons work, and I could just link a cell, but how do I use edit
boxes?

Thanks,

Matthew

Dave Peterson

Edit Boxes

There's a textbox on the Drawing toolbar, too.

Pflugs wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know why I cannot enter an edit box into my Excel Form? All the
other buttons work, and I could just link a cell, but how do I use edit boxes?

Thanks,

Matthew

--

Dave Peterson

Pflugs

Edit Boxes

Thanks, Earl. The textbox idea worked great.