-   -   Adding Times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338331-adding-times.html)

DejaVu[_45_]

Adding Times

I have a column (Time) which combines two other columns (Hours and
Minutes).
TIME
-0.44
-0.27
0.49
-0.06
2.43
7.52
_-1.02_
8.65

My results come back with a "." instead of a ":". These numbers are in
this format "hh.mm". The numbers after the decimal (7.52 for example)
are not fractions of hours, but actual minutes (7 hours and 52
minutes). I need to be able to add up these times and show them in the
format "hh:mm".
I dont want it to return 8.65, but 9:05 instead.
I have trouble adding "negative" times. Can this be done in Excel?

Is there any way to do this?!?

TIA,

DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22629

Jim Rech

Adding Times

I have trouble adding "negative" times. Can this be done in Excel?

A formula can display negative time if you select the 1904 date system under
Tools, Options, Calculation.

--
Jim
"DejaVu" wrote in