-   -   hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/338329-hyperlinks.html)

Christopher[_6_]

hyperlinks

Hello all,

Maybe someone has seen this problem before.
I've used a hyperlink in an excel cell to refer to a file that is located on
a server.
An example: "//server/directory1/directory2/directory3/the file that is
linked.pdf"

When I then click on the hyperlink the "pdf-file" is opened. So, no problem
there.
When I save the sheet an re-open it the hyperlink is changed to:
"//../../../directory3/the%20file%20that%20is%20linked.pdf"
When I now click on the hyperlink the "pdf-file" can not be located anymore
and thus can not be opened.

The excel file is also located on the server.
The strange part now is that when I open the excel file on another computer
in the network and click on the hyperlink the link does work without a
problem.

All systems are running Windows 2000 with Office 2000.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here.

Thanks,
Christopher

Dave Peterson

hyperlinks

Some people have posted that changing the hyperlink base property helps.

File|properties|summary tab
change it something like:
c:\

--