-   -   Automation Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/337991-automation-error.html)

Peter L Reader

Automation Error

I'm converting an Access 97 app to Access 2K3. One routine uses
Access to create, load and save an Excel workbook. I'm getting the
automation error message "The server threw an exception" when Access
2K3 tries to save the workbook, using MyWorkbook.SaveAs
Filename:="drive:\path\filename.xls". When I step through all the
code filling up the spreadsheet, there are no problems at all until I
get to the saveas command.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

lowell

Automation Error

I had a similar problem and I was able to get around it using SaveAs, instead