-   -   mortgage payment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/337962-mortgage-payment.html)

Joyce[_3_]

mortgage payment

i need to create a formula for calculating a mortgage payment with out using
the pmt option in excel. I have to be able to calculate both a interest only
payment and a payment including interest depending on the type of loan
selected. I cant use the pmt option because it shows as a - in my approval
cell and I cant have it show that way. please help

Ashman

mortgage payment

The PMT formula is the best as it already is built into Excel. How about
putting a - in front of your formula, thus 2 -'s = +

This works for me.

Ashman

"Joyce" wrote:

i need to create a formula for calculating a mortgage payment with out using
the pmt option in excel. I have to be able to calculate both a interest only
payment and a payment including interest depending on the type of loan
selected. I cant use the pmt option because it shows as a - in my approval
cell and I cant have it show that way. please help

Tom Ogilvy

mortgage payment

=-formula()

would make it show as positive

or

=abs(formula)

Tom Ogilvy

"Joyce" <Joyce @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
i need to create a formula for calculating a mortgage payment with out

using
the pmt option in excel. I have to be able to calculate both a interest

only
payment and a payment including interest depending on the type of loan
selected. I cant use the pmt option because it shows as a - in my

approval
cell and I cant have it show that way. please help

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

mortgage payment

PMT and IPMT are the way to go. They will both show up as negative as they
indicate the net flow of cash (out of your bank account since the loan put
money in your account) so you want (as Tom indicated) =-PMT(A1, ...) or
=-IPMT(A1, ...)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson