-   -   Adding a cancel button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/337836-adding-cancel-button.html)

bigwheel[_4_]

Adding a cancel button

Ctrl+Break will cancel a running macro, probably the easiest way!!

--
bigwheel
bigwheel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25301

Amir

Adding a cancel button

Hi,

I have a macro which takes a long time to run.

During the macro operation there is a form showing that the macro is
currently 'running'.

Which commands should I put in that form's Cancel button so that it with
cancel the macro operation?

I guess I should put some DoEvents lines in my macro code for that to work,
but I don't know the commands for the cancel button.

Guess the macro name is MyMacro.

Kind Regards,
Amir.

Amir

Adding a cancel button

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I think that a cancel button is more intuitive. Does anybody know how to do
that?

Regards.

"bigwheel" wrote in
message ...

Ctrl+Break will cancel a running macro, probably the easiest way!!

--
bigwheel
bigwheel's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397518

Fred[_22_]

Adding a cancel button

You can setup a variable or property that both the form and the macro have
access to.
In the Cancel buttons cick event set the variable.
In your macro you will have to add DoEvents then after the DoEvent check if
the variable has been set and exit the macro if set.

Fred

"Amir" wrote in message

I have a macro which takes a long time to run.

During the macro operation there is a form showing that the macro is
currently 'running'.

Which commands should I put in that form's Cancel button so that it with
cancel the macro operation?

I guess I should put some DoEvents lines in my macro code for that to
work, but I don't know the commands for the cancel button.

Guess the macro name is MyMacro.

Kind Regards,
Amir.

Amir

Adding a cancel button

Thanks,

Isn't there a way of having a button to do the same thing without having the
user to know that he needs to use Ctrl+Break?

"bigwheel" wrote in
message ...