-   -   Logic Programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/337446-logic-programming.html)

Needs Sage Advice

Logic Programming

I have a workbook comprised of several worksheets. All of the worksheets
lookup data from a single worksheet using the VLOOKUP function. How do I
code an IF THEN statement that will highlight a cell Red if it returns a
certain value and leaves the cell White if any other value is returned?

Jake Marx[_3_]

Logic Programming

Hi,

The formula itself can't change the format of the cell, but you can use
Conditional Formatting to accomplish that:

Needs Sage Advice wrote:
I have a workbook comprised of several worksheets. All of the
worksheets lookup data from a single worksheet using the VLOOKUP
function. How do I code an IF THEN statement that will highlight a
cell Red if it returns a certain value and leaves the cell White if
any other value is returned?

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel