-   -   !! Can you do this !! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/336920-can-you-do.html)

Karthik Bhat - Bangalore

!! Can you do this !!

Hi

I have a file which is to be sent out to different recipients (at least

200). Although the file is same I need to send this to various
recipients with different file names. I have a list that is to be used
to name the files.
For example I have a file called Report.xls and have a list a, b,
c...z. (in a file Nemes.xls). I want a code that will save the file
report.xls as a.xls, b.xls.... z.xls in the specified folder/location.

I know this is possible using VBA code.
Can you helpme by giving some useful code?

Karthik Bhat
(Bangalore)

Tom Ogilvy

!! Can you do this !!

if Report.xls is not open in excel you can use the filecopy command.

filecopy "C:\myfolder\report.xls", "C:\Mystructure\" &
workbooks("Nemes.xls") _
.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i,"B").Value & ".xls"

if it is open, then use FileSaveCopyAs

Workbooks("Report.xls").SaveCopyAs "C:\MyStructure\" & _
workbooks("Nemes.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells( i,"B").Value & ".xls"

Tom Ogilvy

"Karthik Bhat - Bangalore" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I have a file which is to be sent out to different recipients (at least

200). Although the file is same I need to send this to various
recipients with different file names. I have a list that is to be used
to name the files.
For example I have a file called Report.xls and have a list a, b,
c...z. (in a file Nemes.xls). I want a code that will save the file
report.xls as a.xls, b.xls.... z.xls in the specified folder/location.

I know this is possible using VBA code.
Can you helpme by giving some useful code?

Karthik Bhat
(Bangalore)

Karthik Bhat - Bangalore

!! Can you do this !!

Hi Tom

Thans for your reply.. But how will the value of "i" in the code be
derived from.. Shouldn't there be a if loop untill the last nonbalank
row in the names.xls file..

Tom Ogilvy

!! Can you do this !!

That is what I am implying by the i - but you gave no information on where
the list is located or the size of the list.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...