-   -   Shared File/Locked for Editing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/336123-shared-file-locked-editing.html)

swedbera

Shared File/Locked for Editing

Does anyone know why users would get a message that a file can only be open
as read-only if the file has been shared? I have never had this problem
before and didn't see any posts referring to this problem.

Arlene

Paul Martin

Shared File/Locked for Editing

Arlene

Go to Tools, Share Workbook and make sure that the workbook is indeed
shared.

Regards

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

swedbera

Shared File/Locked for Editing

Hi Paul,

I created the file in vba code from Access and saved it as a shared file, so
the first thing that I did was to verify that it was indeed shared. I also
found out that even though it tells the user that they have to save the file
under a new name, it keeps their changes when they close. Never saw anything
like this before. Any idea what is causing it?

Arlene