-   -   Excel shuts down after opening dialog (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335870-excel-shuts-down-after-opening-dialog.html)

JG Scott

Excel shuts down after opening dialog

After my vba code (below) displays the SendMail dialog and the email is
sent, Excel displays the message "Excel has encountered a problem and
will shut down". Excel then shuts down and restarts. Does anyone know
why and how to prevent Excel from shutting down?

Thanks.

If MsgBox("Would you like to attach the Sample Report Request to an
email now?", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show

Else

Tom Ogilvy

Excel shuts down after opening dialog

This occurs when Excel encounters an error from which it can't recover. the
obvious answer would be to figure out what is causing it to encounter the
error. Does it encounter the error when you perform this action manually?

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...