-   -   Running Macros from Command line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335491-running-macros-command-line.html)

DrukeEr

Running Macros from Command line

Is there any way to run a macro from the command line while opening
excel?
ie: c:\xxxxxxxx.xls "macroname"
?

if not, basically I am trying to write a program that reads all of the
files in a directory, and for all of the excel files, it opens them,
runs a specific macro on them, and then saves and closes them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
DrukeEr
DrukeEr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25575

Gareth[_6_]

Running Macros from Command line

If you're writing in VB or VB.NET I would use OLE to open up the Excel
files and process them, with your code running in the application.

Would that help?

DrukeEr wrote:
Is there any way to run a macro from the command line while opening
excel?
ie: c:\xxxxxxxx.xls "macroname"
?

if not, basically I am trying to write a program that reads all of the
files in a directory, and for all of the excel files, it opens them,
runs a specific macro on them, and then saves and closes them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

DrukeEr[_2_]

Running Macros from Command line

It would have, except I do not know how to use OL

--
DrukeE
DrukeEr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2557

Gareth[_6_]

Running Macros from Command line

If you give more details on what you're developing in and the scope I
can demonstrate code. OLE is easy - the same as developing on VB really
- if that's what you're doing.

DrukeEr wrote:
It would have, except I do not know how to use OLE