-   -   can I clean old excel data format with macro on funny spread sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335293-can-i-clean-old-excel-data-format-macro-funny-spread-sheet.html)

Todd F.[_2_]

can I clean old excel data format with macro on funny spread sheet

I need to clean up data in excel files coming out of report writer.

It is a simple flat file with some unusual formats so I believe simple
wacking all formats is not a good choice - lots of funny time and date stuff.
Also some of the reports are 30 columns wide - lots of formats.

it is dumping as an excel 3.0 but i say no to formats (report formats)

My pivots keep seeing this database for range even after I overide - it
always goes back to the old format database and i have to keep rehighlighting
my data

getting old - doing many pivots

thanks for any comments