-   -   Showing bookings in a calendar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335259-showing-bookings-calendar.html)

Bob M

Showing bookings in a calendar

Excel 97

I use a database to record bookings, that is a list of individuals' names
and dates for which we have booked them, often up to about 12 months into the
future, (along with several other columns of details.)

In a seperate file I also have a calendar in which I show these individuals'
bookings, simply by inserting "B" in the appropriate column, against that
individual's name.

The dates are column headers running across the top of the sheet and the
names run down the side to identify the rows.

I want to write a macro to automatically insert a "B" inthe correct cell for
each booking we have made.

I should be grateful for any help with this task.

Many thanks

Bob

Tom Ogilvy

Showing bookings in a calendar

If you want to send a workbook(s) with a sample of the list of bookings and
the calendar, I can provide something for you.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob M" <Bob
wrote in message
Excel 97

I use a database to record bookings, that is a list of individuals' names
and dates for which we have booked them, often up to about 12 months into

the
future, (along with several other columns of details.)

In a seperate file I also have a calendar in which I show these

individuals'
bookings, simply by inserting "B" in the appropriate column, against that
individual's name.

The dates are column headers running across the top of the sheet and the
names run down the side to identify the rows.

I want to write a macro to automatically insert a "B" inthe correct cell

for
each booking we have made.

I should be grateful for any help with this task.

Many thanks

Bob

Ork

Showing bookings in a calendar

Bob,
Tom Ogilvy replied to me (
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-105...ookups-VBA.htm ) on what shoud
work for you. I had basically the same thing. Hope that helps. And dont
forget to give Tom the credits.

Brian

"Bob M" wrote:

Excel 97

I use a database to record bookings, that is a list of individuals' names
and dates for which we have booked them, often up to about 12 months into the
future, (along with several other columns of details.)

In a seperate file I also have a calendar in which I show these individuals'
bookings, simply by inserting "B" in the appropriate column, against that
individual's name.

The dates are column headers running across the top of the sheet and the
names run down the side to identify the rows.

I want to write a macro to automatically insert a "B" inthe correct cell for
each booking we have made.

I should be grateful for any help with this task.

Many thanks

Bob

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com