-   -   moving between Excel sessions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335185-moving-between-excel-sessions.html)

chasfox

moving between Excel sessions

Our financial system can export via a batch file a number of separate
reports that then need formatting and printing before each one is
closed
without saving it.

I can do all of the formatting and closing down, but I am having a
problem
with activating the next workbook because it appears that each
workbook
created is using a separate session of excel.

--
chasfox
chasfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25467

DejaVu[_42_]

moving between Excel sessions

You'll need to implement some API calls to get a handle on the othe
application.
This can be a big pain, but if you understand API calls, it can b
achieved. I have some code that does this, but it is extremely length
and very purpose specific, so I doubt it would be of any use to you.

Try these links:
'informit.com
(http://www.informit.com/articles/art...?p=366892&rl=1)
'Tek Tips' (http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1052860&page=1

There are 2 links in that tek-tips thread:
'Tek-Tips 1' (http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3383)
'tek-tips 2' (http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=393757)

Hope this will provide you with some assistance and/or guidance.

DejaV

--
DejaV
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2262

NickHK

moving between Excel sessions

chasfox,
As long as there no specific order in which you need to process these files
and the only instances of Excel are opened by this batch file, how about:
Dim NextXL as Excel.Application
Set NextXL=GetObject("Excel.Application")
Do Until NextXL=Nothing
.....process
NextXL.Quit
Loop