-   -   Ignore other applications (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335146-ignore-other-applications.html)

swiederkehr

Ignore other applications

Hello

How can i disable (or invisible) the checkbox "ignore other applications" in
Tools - Options... - General ?
I set this box to "true" from my excel application and nobody else should be
able to set it back to "false".

thanks for the help
s.wiederkehr

Dave Peterson

Ignore other applications

Maybe just resetting it each time you start excel would be enough.

Add a line like this to your personal.xls auto_open (or workbook_open)
procedu

Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True

If you don't have a personal.xls, you can create a new one and save it to your
xlstart folder.

That code could look like this:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()