-   -   help me out with this - it's killing me.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335139-help-me-out-its-killing-me.html)

popovsky[_8_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

I have a huge problem.
I have a number of worksheets with text data in 4 columns.
the task is to find copies of text in same columns of 2 sheets and do
that for all pairs of sheets.
the result i need is a new sheet with information what common objects
in same columns does each pair of sheets have.
for example :

sheet1 and sheet2 have:
text1, text5, text9 in column A
anothertext1, anothertext4 in column B
no common objects in column C
no common objects in column D

i'm not that so good in VBA, but i really need this to be done...
i will really appreciate your help

--
popovsky

popovsky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25309
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388985

Jean-Yves[_2_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

Hi,

You can use the countif worksheet function, then sort per result.
Regards
Jean-Yves

"popovsky" wrote in
message ...

I have a huge problem.
I have a number of worksheets with text data in 4 columns.
the task is to find copies of text in same columns of 2 sheets and do
that for all pairs of sheets.
the result i need is a new sheet with information what common objects
in same columns does each pair of sheets have.
for example :

sheet1 and sheet2 have:
text1, text5, text9 in column A
anothertext1, anothertext4 in column B
no common objects in column C
no common objects in column D

i'm not that so good in VBA, but i really need this to be done...
i will really appreciate your help

--
popovsky

popovsky's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388985

popovsky[_9_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

thanx.
but actually i'm not very good in VBA, and i think that even a goo
hint will not save the situation %

--
popovsk

popovsky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2530
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38898

Jean-Yves[_2_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

Hi again,

I was thinking of using a normal excel formula
On a new sheet, insert the Countif formula, loooking for value A1 on sheet1
and counting in column A on sheet 2.
Fill down the formula. If result =1 then it is a duplicate.
HTH
Regards
Jean-Yves

"popovsky" wrote in
message ...

thanx.
but actually i'm not very good in VBA, and i think that even a good
hint will not save the situation %)

--
popovsky

popovsky's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388985

popovsky[_10_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

the problem is that the source xls file with data is each time generated
by a different program (i extract data from another place) - so i would
prefer using a script, other than filling a number of sheets with
formulas...

--
popovsky

popovsky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25309
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388985

popovsky[_11_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

the problem is that the source xls file with data is each time generated
by a different program (i extract data from another place) - so i would
prefer using a script, other than filling a number of sheets with
formulas...
and also - the formula will not let me compare all pairs of sheets.

--
popovsky

popovsky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25309
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388985

popovsky[_12_]

help me out with this - it's killing me..

the problem is that the source xls file with data is each time generate
by a different program (i extract data from another place) - so i woul
prefer using a script, other than filling a number of sheets wit
formulas...
and also - the formula will not let me compare all pairs of sheets.

so if it possible - can anyone try to make a macro to do that? tha
would really save my project..