-   -   How to identify operating system user in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335117-how-identify-operating-system-user-excel.html)

sarita

How to identify operating system user in excel?

By default, I would like to populate a cell in a excel sheet with the
operating system user id, with the person who opened the excel file. Is
there a way to do this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Sarita.

sebastienm

How to identify operating system user in excel?

Hi,
Check at the Environ Function
Environ("username") returns the name of the os user.
Sébastien

"Sarita" wrote:

By default, I would like to populate a cell in a excel sheet with the
operating system user id, with the person who opened the excel file. Is
there a way to do this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Sarita.

Norman Jones

How to identify operating system user in excel?

Hi Sarita,

Possibly:

With Sheets(1).Range("A1")
Range("A1").Value = Application.OperatingSystem
Range("A2").Value = Environ("Username")
End With

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sarita" wrote in message
By default, I would like to populate a cell in a excel sheet with the
operating system user id, with the person who opened the excel file. Is
there a way to do this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Sarita.

sarita

How to identify operating system user in excel?

It works. Thank you so much. -- Sarita.