-   -   Recovering VBA Modules (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335083-recovering-vba-modules.html)

Ray B

Recovering VBA Modules

I have a version of an Excel XP application that won't open. I get the
message "Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library".
If I continue on, the speadsheet loads, but I get a message box indicating
that there were errors and Excel was able to fix the errors by losing the VB
project & ActiveX controls. Not very useful

Is there any way of recovering the VBA from the project?

I think the answer is no, but I thought I would ask,

Thanks,

Ray

Dave Peterson

Recovering VBA Modules

I've never used it, but lots of people use OpenOffice to recover stuff that
excel can't.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

You may get lucky.

--