-   -   Recording macro for multiple cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335076-recording-macro-multiple-cells.html)

SJC

Recording macro for multiple cells

Is it possible to record a macro that would perform various functions for
different initial and destination cells each time the macro is run??

I am having to produce reports for 300 facilities which trends out lab data.
The lab data comes from an Access query, of which I have transferred to an
excel spreadsheet. I then created a master report in another spreadsheet of
the same workbook which contains a table of the data and two charts which
trends out the data. I then copied this report format times 300 to create a
report for each facility. However, I am having to go through and link up the
data and reassign the source data for each facility, which is taking a very
long time. Obviously if I recorded a macro to do this, it would always select
data for the one facility--is it possible to assign the macro to choose
highlighted cells to place them in a different destination each time? Or is
there another way to perform this process that would automatically collect
my data from the query and assign the source data fields, etc.? Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ben

Recording macro for multiple cells

It seems like you need to start from scratch

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/index.htm

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.

"SJC" wrote:

[...]

Thanks--I took a look at the sites you posted.
If I were to start from scratch, what should I do different. I have an
access query to start from and need to produce 300 reports from it. Any
ideas on how to do this quickly?