-   -   Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/335055-can-i-use-macro-unprotect-sheet-workbook.html)

[email protected]

Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook?

I would like to have my macro, which is driven from sheet 1 of a
workbook, unprotect sheet 2 of the same workbook, then make changes to
sheet 2 (which consist of simply hiding some rows depending on
variables entered on sheet 1), and then reprotect sheet 2. I do not
plan to password protect sheet 2, but I do not want someone to
accidentally change a cell on sheet 2 before or after the macro has
done its thing. Thanks to help from people on this group, the macro
works on the sheet if it is unprotected. Now I am on the next stage.

Thanks in advance for the help for this old timer, ex-fortran
programmer - yep, that old...

Bob Q.

Ron de Bruin

Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook?

Try this with the password "ron"

With Sheets("Sheet2")
.Unprotect "ron"
.Rows("10:15").EntireRow.Hidden = True
.Protect "ron"
End With

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
I would like to have my macro, which is driven from sheet 1 of a
workbook, unprotect sheet 2 of the same workbook, then make changes to
sheet 2 (which consist of simply hiding some rows depending on
variables entered on sheet 1), and then reprotect sheet 2. I do not
plan to password protect sheet 2, but I do not want someone to
accidentally change a cell on sheet 2 before or after the macro has
done its thing. Thanks to help from people on this group, the macro
works on the sheet if it is unprotected. Now I am on the next stage.

Thanks in advance for the help for this old timer, ex-fortran
programmer - yep, that old...

Bob Q.

ben

Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook?

activeworkbook.sheets(2).unprotect

conversely

activeworkbook.sheets(2).protect

to add a password

activeworkbook.sheets(2).protect password:="password"
activeworkbook.sheets(2).unprotect password:="password"

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.

" wrote:

I would like to have my macro, which is driven from sheet 1 of a
workbook, unprotect sheet 2 of the same workbook, then make changes to
sheet 2 (which consist of simply hiding some rows depending on
variables entered on sheet 1), and then reprotect sheet 2. I do not
plan to password protect sheet 2, but I do not want someone to
accidentally change a cell on sheet 2 before or after the macro has
done its thing. Thanks to help from people on this group, the macro
works on the sheet if it is unprotected. Now I am on the next stage.

Thanks in advance for the help for this old timer, ex-fortran
programmer - yep, that old...

Bob Q.

STEVE BELL

Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook?

Bob,

This is relatively easy.

Just record the protect and unprotect steps and edit the resulting code.

You can either put these codes into separte macros and call them from
sheet1,
or incorpate them into the sheet1 code.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to have my macro, which is driven from sheet 1 of a
workbook, unprotect sheet 2 of the same workbook, then make changes to
sheet 2 (which consist of simply hiding some rows depending on
variables entered on sheet 1), and then reprotect sheet 2. I do not
plan to password protect sheet 2, but I do not want someone to
accidentally change a cell on sheet 2 before or after the macro has
done its thing. Thanks to help from people on this group, the macro
works on the sheet if it is unprotected. Now I am on the next stage.

Thanks in advance for the help for this old timer, ex-fortran
programmer - yep, that old...

Bob Q.

[email protected]

Can I use a Macro to unprotect a sheet in the workbook?

These tips all work. I have purchased three books and I am doing my
best to learn this language, but you folks are a lot better than any
textbook I have found. Many thanks.

Bob Q.

Don Wiss

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Ron de Bruin wrote:

Try this with the password "ron"

With Sheets("Sheet2")
.Unprotect "ron"
.Rows("10:15").EntireRow.Hidden = True