-   -   row select (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334956-row-select.html)

Monique

row select

i have a workbook that has a Parameters page. Right now, all the information
shows no matter the selection on the Control page. I want to make it so
depending on the variable selected on the Control page, the Parameters just
shows items related to the selection.

Control -- user picks A

Parameters -- only display things related to A (which is a row of data)

If anyone could offer any help.

Thanks

Bernie Deitrick

row select

You could use the worksheet's selection change event to change a cell used by a VLOOKUP formula to
extract the data related to Parameters.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Monique" wrote in message
i have a workbook that has a Parameters page. Right now, all the information
shows no matter the selection on the Control page. I want to make it so
depending on the variable selected on the Control page, the Parameters just
shows items related to the selection.

Control -- user picks A

Parameters -- only display things related to A (which is a row of data)

If anyone could offer any help.

Thanks

Monique

row select

For display purposes, I only want to see that row on that page though. Is
that possible?

"Monique" wrote in message
i have a workbook that has a Parameters page. Right now, all the information
shows no matter the selection on the Control page. I want to make it so
depending on the variable selected on the Control page, the Parameters just
shows items related to the selection.

Control -- user picks A

Parameters -- only display things related to A (which is a row of data)

If anyone could offer any help.

Thanks

Bernie Deitrick

row select

Moique,

Sure. Use the worksheet selection change event to feed the filter parameters to the autofilter for
that table, along the lines of this, placed into the worksheet's codemodule:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
Range("B2:C8").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Target.Value
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP