-   -   Open Outlook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334875-open-outlook.html)

Jeff

Open Outlook

Hi All,

I just want to ensure that Outlook is open before I do other things. I
tried a .bat file with the command below, but no luck. Can anyone tell me
why, or offer a VBA script to do the same?

TIA!

CALL C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

Open Outlook

Jeff

I think this will work

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application

On Error Resume Next
Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")

If Err.Number = 429 Then
Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
End If

On Error GoTo 0

olApp.Visible = True

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

JEFF wrote:
Hi All,

I just want to ensure that Outlook is open before I do other things.
I tried a .bat file with the command below, but no luck. Can anyone
tell me why, or offer a VBA script to do the same?

TIA!

CALL C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe

Ron de Bruin

Open Outlook

You can use Shell Jeff

Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JEFF" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I just want to ensure that Outlook is open before I do other things. I
tried a .bat file with the command below, but no luck. Can anyone tell me
why, or offer a VBA script to do the same?

TIA!

CALL C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe

NickHK

Open Outlook

Jeff,
You can have multiple instances of Outlook, so why not just create your own,
non-visible instance and quit it when finished.
Dim MyOutlook as Outlook.Application
Set MyOutlook=New Outlook.Application

NickHK