-   -   how to make the barcode reader trigger a macro in excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334874-how-make-barcode-reader-trigger-macro-excel.html)

CSL

how to make the barcode reader trigger a macro in excel.

Hi, :confused:

Can anyone please give me some information on *how to make the barcode
reader trigger a macro in excel*. In other words, after the barcode
reader registers a barcode it will execute a macro.

Thank you for your time and help.

--
CSL
CSL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25337

Tim Williams

how to make the barcode reader trigger a macro in excel.

You could try using a sheet-level event to trigger the macro: I guess it
depends on how the data is entered by the reader.
Eg: if the entry leaves the sheet in "edit" mode then macros will not run in
that state.

What is the cursor behaviour when you scan a barcode? Does it advance to
the next cell after the read?

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"CSL" wrote in message

Hi, :confused:

Can anyone please give me some information on *how to make the barcode
reader trigger a macro in excel*. In other words, after the barcode
reader registers a barcode it will execute a macro.

Thank you for your time and help.

--
CSL
CSL's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388168

CSL[_2_]

how to make the barcode reader trigger a macro in excel.

Hi Tim,

the cursor advance to the next cell after the read.

--
CSL
CSL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25337
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388168

Tim Williams

how to make the barcode reader trigger a macro in excel.

Then you should be abble to use a "change" event procedure in the sheet
module to trigger your code.

Tim.

--
Tim Williams