-   -   User Defined Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334870-user-defined-functions.html)

Basharat A. Javaid

User Defined Functions

I saved my user defined modules (functions) as an xla file and added that as
an AddIn to my working workbook. However, I am getting the "#Name?"error in
the cells containing the user defined functions?

When I go through the Insert = Functions process, I see my user defined
functions listed under the user defined functions list.

--
Basharat Javaid.

Dave Peterson

User Defined Functions

I'm guessing that excel is still looking for the UDF in the original location.

If that original location was a different workbook, you could use Edit|Links to
point at the new .xla file.

If that original location was the same workbook that contains the formula,
_maybe_ this'll work. (It seemed to work ok for me.)

And you'll have to do it for each UDF that you created.

I created a couple of test workbooks and a UDF named myFunc().

After I moved the code from one workbook's project to the other and saved both
files (one as an addin), I did this in the "regular" workbook (.xls) (with the
..xla still open).

Insert|Name|define
myFunc
(refer to any cell)
Add

Then I deleted that name.
insert|name|define
myfunc
delete

Then I did edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

Excel was smart enough to reevaluate this function from the xla.