-   -   VBA equivalent of GET.CHART.ITEM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/334817-vba-equivalent-get-chart-item.html)

James Martin[_2_]

VBA equivalent of GET.CHART.ITEM

Is there a VBA equivalent of GET.CHART.ITEM?

I have an 'area' type chart and I'd like to have two arrows that can be
moved and then based on those arrows another chart is generated just
using the values between the two arrows.

So something like this

| _____|_______ | /
| _ / | \ | /
| / \___/ | \ | /
|/ \|/ \____\|/____/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

So a new chart is generated using the values between 5 and 10.

Now after reading parts of Stephen Bullen's book
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev I've been able to do this using pixels, but
I'd like a safer method. The GET.CHART.ITEM can do what I'd like for a
column type chart, but the link to the MS KB article is dead so I don't
know what all GET.CHART.ITEM takes.

Anyways, is there a better way to do this than pixels? Will
GET.CHART.ITEM work? Does somebody have documentation for
GET.CHART.ITEM?

Thanks
James

James Martin[_2_]

VBA equivalent of GET.CHART.ITEM

Well my beautiful ASCII picture looks like crap now. But hopefully
you'll get the idea.

Thanks
James

Andy Pope

VBA equivalent of GET.CHART.ITEM

Hi,

Can you make use of a second data series plotted as a line chart with
values where you want the arrows to appear. You could use the error bars
to create the shaft and possible a custom marker to create the arrow
pointers.
If the arrows are to appear between values on the area chart then use
the xy scatter chart type.

As you are plotting the arrows you will know the data values within
which to create the next chart.

Cheers
Andy

--